Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Interview: SGA VICE PRESIDENT!

Get to know LIM College's VICE PRESIDENT Kaleigh Connors. Shes fun, smart and always looks her best!
  • Nickname: People always have a difficult time saying my name for some reason; so most people just call me “Kale.”
  • Where are you originally from? I am originally from Holmdel, New Jersey and no one in my town tans, fist pumps, or GTLs.
  • Major, year: I am a Visual Merchandising Major and am in my junior year.
  • Favorite designer: SOCIETY OF LES is my favorite the line; Susan Siegel is the designer for the brand line. SOCIETY OF LES is a contemporary line of luxury knit tees and tops. I currently intern for her the designer and it has been the best experience. Susan has been such a great mentor to me and has taught me so much, I couldn’t be luckier.
  • Favorite accessory: I LOVE accessories! My favorite accessory is bracelets, I collect them. Every time I go somewhere or something big happens in my life I buy a bracelet to remember that time. I wear as many bracelets as possible I love to layer them! I am also a big fan of scarves, layering necklaces, and sunglasses.
  • Shopping tip/secret: My shopping tip is to also check out the sale rack! Also, I only make a purchase if I am totally in love with the item and I never buy anything just because everyone else has it.
  • Why you love Lim College? I love LIM because it is my home away from home! I feel so comfortable here and love the intimate environment. I truly believe that LIM has and will continue to help me succeed with my career in fashion.
  • How has sag helped you/inspired/changed/affected your life, you, your time, your experience -how do you market yourself online? I.e. Facebook, twitter, linked in, blogs, internship blog? SGA has really helped me open up and become more involved within the LIM community. I have met so many people through being involved in SGA and have been able to experience so many things. I try to truly represent myself properly on Facebook and Twitter.  It is very important to brand yourself properly through social media outlets. On Facebook I don’t like to have any inappropriate pictures or have any crude posts. Twitter is my outlet to be funny and post things that are currently on my mind.
I like my money right where I can see it... hanging in my closet.”
Carrie Bradshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment